Care of rubber seals on a classic car
The rubber seals on a classic car play an important role in protecting the vehicle from moisture, dust and dirt. Regular care is required to maintain their functionality and to preserve their appearance. Here are some tips for caring for the rubber seals on your classic car:
- Cleaning: Regularly remove dirt and debris from the rubber seals. To do this, use a mild soap solution and a soft sponge or cloth. Be careful not to use aggressive cleaning agents or abrasives as these can damage the rubber.
- Drying: After cleaning the rubber seals, it is important to dry them thoroughly. Use a soft cloth or let them air dry. Moisture can weaken the rubber and cause damage.
- Avoiding Sunlight: On sunny days, park your classic car in the shade or use a vehicle cover to avoid direct sunlight on the rubber seals. Long-term exposure to the sun can fade the rubber and make it brittle.
- Use of rubber care products: There are special rubber care products on the market that are suitable for the care of rubber seals. Apply conditioner to rubber seals according to directions to keep them supple and prevent them from drying out.
- Periodic Inspection: Periodically inspect the rubber seals for signs of wear, cracks, or leaks. If you find damaged seals, they should be replaced in time to prevent further damage.
- Storage: If you store the classic car for a long time, make sure that it is in a dry and well-ventilated area. If necessary, use covers to protect the rubber seals from dust and dirt.
Replacing damaged rubber seals
Care products can help to keep window seals, sealing rails, edge protection profiles and rear window seals supple. However, sometimes any help is too late even for these parts. If the rubber seals are damaged, the only option is to replace them! In our online shop you will find a large selection of rubber profiles such as window seals, hood seals, running rails, windshield seals and much more. A visit to our online shop is worthwhile!